You hear it over and over again. Content is KING. Content is the key to increase reach and make impressions. But you’re still waffling about blogging, about making the time to create content on a regular basis. Why?
Maybe you’re busy? Running your own business takes time. A lot of time.
Here’s hoping that one, or more, of these five blogging benefits will sway you to add creating content to your busy schedule!
1. Unique content (what you write, rather than what you share) gets visits to YOUR site. And visits to your site might lead to someone taking action (you know, via a Call to Action), which just might land you a prospect or solid lead!
2. You want people to add themselves to your lists, right? In order to get them on your list, you have to – YES – get them to your site. Content you’ve created is a big draw when it comes to creating clicks that land eyes on your site.
3. Facebook shares don’t get as much reach as unique content, be it an image or a link. Yes, Facebook and other social media platform use is valuable to your overall marketing efforts. Creating content for Facebook that drives prospects back to your site, your calls to action and your list building efforts is crucial.
4. Content creates conversations. Taking a stand on an issue, share your unique perspective or taking on the devil’s advocate role can create a conversation or discussion. Discussions and the further sharing of ideas can help develop leads.
5. Content creates influence. What’s influence? It’s that special something that comes when the content you share strikes a chord, is highly valuable and generates trust. Sharing the content of others is great, and shows you’re generous and on top of your industry. But creating content that inspires is one of the best ways to gain an influential position and credibility in your target market.
Hopefully one of these five blogging benefits will strike with the AHA moment needed to make creating content one of your main marketing pursuits!
Mallie divides her time between web & graphic design, social media marketing, connection building and management, content marketing and online training.
Latest posts by Mallie Hart (see all)
- Beating Writer’s Block: There Are No Stupid Ideas! – March 6, 2014
- No, We Can’t Design A Logo For $50! – March 4, 2014
- Power Down Positivity Princess! – March 3, 2014